Saturday, September 10, 2011

Captured: Lucky or Unhappy ?


  21 feet long crocodile named Lolong was capture in Agusan Del Sur at Agusan Marsh and said to be that the beast was the one who ate poor citizens in the Barangay. The crocodile was brought in his new house in a zoo at Agusan Del Sur and their next target is to capture its companion and said to be the wife of Lolong. The local TV News show (24 ORAS) announced that the poor crocodile haven’t eat for almost four days after he was captured and believed that Lolong was traumatized. 

  Sounds very alarming to know that wild beasts are appearing here in the Philippines but more alarming to say that this beast eats human! Well of course, it’s their nature to eat meat because they are carnivorous species and it is our nature to preserve them. I have read a post in Facebook which decided me to make an article about this.
   “A man saw a bee drowning in a small fountain. The man tries to save the bee from drowning but it stung him, instead of just leaving the bee because of stinging him he tries to save it again. Passers-by approached him and said ‘The bee stung you twice yet you still want to save that insect?’ the man wisely replied ‘It is the bee’s nature to sting and it is my nature to care’”. Quite impressive :)

  In relation, when I opened my Twitter account, I was surprised because “Agusan Del Sur” is trending. These wild animals such as Lolong should be preserved and protected. But my question is, is a ZOO a natural habitat for these endangered species? Well, I don’t think so. Zoo keepers fed them well but they are used as a tourist attraction, isn’t it? I am not against on zoo owners for having heir own zoo but animals should be the in their PROPER habitat. Like Africa, Africa’s zoo is very gargantuan but the most beautiful in their zoo is that, their zoo is more realistic. Animals in this zoo are not kept in a cage instead they can run freely with no hesitation. I know that Africa’s zoo and Philippines’ zoo are very far similar if you compare but it should be the Philippines role model for those zoo owners. TO HAVE A REALISTIC HABITAT for those animals they took over for preservation and those they kept.

  Capturing these endangered animals can gain tourists in the Philippines but can cause trauma to this poor creatures. They said “to study a fish, you should be a fish”, TRUE! We do not know what Lolong and other animals are feeling right now. We don’t know what their emotions (We are not God) and if you compare this to the realistic world, kidnapping suites to it. A person who was kidnapped might encounter trauma, just like an animal that is being captured.

Ask yourself, “How if I’m the crocodile, should I be happy?”
(Photos from Google.com.ph)


3 comments:

  1. Good to know you wrote about this. I've always wandered how many wild beasts we still have. I know we have the longest "man eating snake" thats reputed to be the most aggressive snake species, the reticulated python, then we have a lot of Naja Philippinensis--probably the most toxic cobra--while we also have King Cobras from Luzon down to Mindanao. Thanks for writing about "Lolong" ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir Lito: It's good to know that someone truly reads my blog posts because some just view it and leave without reading. I hope that there are lots of people like you. Sir, I still have more posts in my blog site which I hope you'll read also. Thanks for the comment and I'll take that as a complement.
    Blog Site: http://johnpaulemilia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. your right paul...animals should live with there own home...kung ikaw kaya nasa lugar nla..ano ang mararamdaman mo?...they still have the freedom to live freely...

    ReplyDelete