Thursday, September 8, 2011

Mother Earth


“God created human to multiply and to preserve the beauty of it”

Washed healthy crops, El Niño, El Niña, landslides, flashfloods, earth quakes, tidal waves and typhoons, a major problem of the world today and caused by the fast growing Global Warming.

You don’t need to question yourself why because I know that you contributed a lot to this problem. Throwing garbage everywhere, burning coal and plastics, throwing in open rivers, etc. Humans are made to preserve the beauty of the Earth but what happened? Much worst than I think. Being an ordinary citizen of this gargantuan planet that is capable for living, I might say I’m lucky but for me this is a privilege. Not all planets are capable for a human to live. This issue of our planet is not an ordinary issue that you read on those newspaper or magazines. We already feel the essence of Global Warming and it’s quite terrifying.
I noticed 8 years ago when I was in grade school that in a sunny day suddenly it  rains and worst, it pours harder that you wont event think that it was hot a minute ago. As a student of grade school, I don’t understand what is happening here in Earth. Well, the hell I care. Days became weeks, weeks became months and moths became years, I notice that the world seems changing. From a very hot noon to a very rainy one, you should be shocked! When I stepped out in my 5th grade, I was introduced by the newest version of climate change, the “Global Warming”.

Quite confusing to understand at first but our teacher says “you’ll understand when you feel it” and she’s not wrong. Everyday at 8 in the morning, I feel already that the sun’s ray is penetrating. Ouch!! My teacher is right. The progress of these global phenomena seems so fast and it’s like a process of development, it grows and develops. Everyday it grows and develops. These global phenomena do a big effect on us. First and foremost, the sun’s ray is penetrating, the climate changes every minute and the worst, and it contributes a lot of diseases. 

People nowadays don’t mind this stuff but they should be. A lot of diseases are fast approaching, some are fast mutating but the most dangerous disease as for now is DENGUE and MALARIA. Due to the rapid process of evaporation because of too much heat, rain always come everyday and usually in the mid-afternoon. And stagnant waters are the most favorite spot of mosquitoes. Better to throw away those unused tires and open jars that are left outside the house. These may be a perfect house for those mosquitoes. Another thing is avoid too much exposure of the sun. Nowadays, I notice that every time I expose myself under the heat of the sun for more than 5 minutes, I feel like there’s a needle that sews my skin and it hurts!

In everything that is happening to day is no longer a story or a horrible dream but it is already a reality. This reality that we are experiencing is not just an ordinary story. We depend on our nature to live, we need clean air to breath, we need clean water to quench our thirst, and we need food. Shocking you may say but the air you breathe today is not clean anymore, even water and even clean water today is not for free. All of this uncontrollable disaster that is being experience of a young human would be a big problem for their upcoming future here on earth and this happened because of the idiotic works of humans. I hope that everything will change but seems very hard to imagine. Poor earth, poor Mother Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment